In the training, students will learn about game design, game creation and programming, and chatbot, through the three programs from the Codemonkey platform - Game Builder, Banana Tales and Coding Chatbots
Game Builder – students will learn fundamentals game design concepts. Using the programming language of CoffeeScript, students will learn to design and build online games.
- “Platformer” – learn the fundamentals of game design and creation; master user-interface and game mechanics including keyboard events, timers, collide events, and much more.
- “Frogger” – Create unique versions of the classic game ‘Frogger’; learn to control touch interface and play new games on tablets or smartphones.
- “Sprite Animations” - Create images, animations, and graphic elements; define and program animations and implement sprites into games.
Banana Tales - students will use the programming language Python in coding and game creation.
Python is a widely used language that has easy syntax. Python is a general-purpose, versatile, and popular programming language. Through learning Python, students become one step closer to gaining the confidence they need to enter the real world of programming where they will build websites, apps, and games.
Students will develop and strengthen their skills in sequential programming, lists and indexing, for loops, variables, if else, while loops, Boolean operators, functions, classes and class objects, sorting, and various data structures. The platform is intuitive, and instructions are easy to follow; and it is filled with various challenges that students will face.
In Coding Chatbots program students will learn to code "chatbot" using Python. Students will be introduced to the concept of "chatbot" and will see how it is used. Throughout the course students gradually learn various aspects of coding in Python such as:
- Numbers & Boolean
- Chatbot development
- Class Methods
- String Manipulation
- Python built-in Functions
- Data Structures
- Server-side programming
- Each child works on an individual computer
- Free access to Codemonkey platform
- Diploma for completed course from Codemonkey and Semos Education
Students will be introduced in two programming languages, Python & CoffeeScript. They will develop critical thinking and understand the essence of the problems, learn to analyze different problems, and plan a series of steps and calculations to solve them. Students will be introduced to the key algorithms that reflect and encourage computer thinking and will learn how to recognize the appropriate algorithmic solution to a given problem. They will participate in teamwork and group learning activities; thus, developing critical thinking ability, creativity, and self-confidence.
- 15% discount for the next course if the attendant has already attended any course in Semos Education.
- Payment in cash with payment slip or debit cards
- Payment in installments with credit cards
- Payment in installments without interest with credit cards of Stopanska Banka
- Payment by invoice